I am a lifetime sewer, starting at a very early age, watching my mother sew outfits for me and my two sisters.
My first sewing project was a doll dress when I was six years old. After that, my mother helped me make my own clothes until I could handle everything myself.
I did all my own school outfits, including prom dresses, continuing through college and my early work years. As my professional career got busier, I switched from clothing to home decorating projects, including upholstery. Then about ten years ago, I got into handbag sewing. Little by little, with a steady focus, my work got better and better.
Here is my life's road:
- I was born in Long Beach,California; raised in Honolulu, Hawaii, where I learned to love all things colorful; university in Ft. Collins, Colorado; career in Denver and Los Angeles; retired to San Luis Obispo, California.
- I am passionate about my husband, sewing, playing classical music on the piano, my two cats, Lucky and Rafi, gardening and knitting. Oh yes, and shopping for fabric.
- I was a marketing major at Colorado State; and a media buyer in major national advertising firms for 30 years.
- I sold my first very basic tote bags in 2010 to friends and family.
- I sell mostly handbags and totes because I always get a great feeling whenever a lady buys one of my bags and tells me how she really enjoys it.
- I am a jack of all trades, I create and design, sew the handbags up, take the photographs, edit them, and write the copy. Writing the copy is the hardest part for me.
So that who I am--the short version.